Sunday, July 11, 2010

"In the real world you have to wear shoes"





An old friend of my daughter's recently graduated from college. I was honored when she asked me to make a cake for her party. After some discussion and research on her part we came up with some ideas. I took some artistic liberty and this is what I came up with. This is a two layer, half sheet, vanilla sour cream cake with vanilla butter cream frosting. "In the real world you have to wear shoes" is something a professor said to her after she arrived barefoot to class. It left an impression. Since my lettering skills are questionable and this was a big statement,I decided to do the lettering out of fondant that I dyed and marbleized to go with the color theme. A few months ago my daughter Samantha gave me mini alphabet cookie cutters. I had actually given them to her, but she thought I would make better use of them. Thank you Sam,they are my new best friend along with my battery operated sifter.
This cake was made with love and I was very pleased with the result of my labor and the reaction when I delivered it. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment