Monday, July 13, 2009

Dad's Birthday Cake


I made this cake for my father's birthday party. It was a yellow cake (because he does not like chocolate cake) with strawberry jam on half of the middle. When my dad was growing up, his mother always made cakes with strawberry jam in the middle and it is his favorite. I only did it on half (the other half was chocolate butter cream) because my mother does not like jam on her cake and I aim to please. The icing is chocolate butter cream, and I cannot remember where I got the recipe, but it was very, very good. I piped it with a darker chocolate and did some smaller piping in even darker chocolate. I swore I wouldn't make another square cake, but I guess I needed to practice icing around corners. The flowers are hand made by me, some are fondant, others are made of royal icing. It was so pretty, it was hard to cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment