Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thank You Pvt. Piren



Pvt. Jimmy Piren is going to Afghanistan to serve our country. His wonderful sister gave him a going away party and asked me to make a cake for the occasion. It was my honor and privilege to do so. The theme of the party was, of course, red, white and blue. The cake was a 1/2 sheet, one side vanilla, the other chocolate. It is filled and frosted with butter cream. The American Flag was made from fondant as were the stars. I wanted the flag to look like it was waving so, I draped it over the handles of two wooden spoons to give it shape. I made the flag to scale, having taken the dimension from an official flag website. For me, it was pretty labor intensive. I don't work too often with fondant, but it is a medium I would like to familiarize myself with.
To Pvt. Piren, I wish you all the best and will pray for your safe return. thank you for your service to our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment