Sunday, May 23, 2010

For Jess on her Graduation Day




This is my daughter's favorite cake, chocolate banana sour cream cake with cream cheese frosting. I just had to make it for her graduation from "The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts". Yes, I am very proud of her accomplishment. So proud and happy that I transported this cake all the way to Philadelphia from our small upstate New York town. I carefully placed it in a cooler which had been kept in the freezer overnight and just as carefully place it in the back of the car. When we got to the school, I put it in her studio for safekeeping during the graduation ceremony and the ensuing art show.
Then I had to carry it over to the restaurant where we would have dinner. Actually, I let my husband carry it since he has delivery experience. Now, I have resisted peaking at this cake since I boxed it up the night before, so I did not know how it survived the trip. It had butter cream flowers all over it and who knows, they could have deformed and would no longer be recognized as flowers. Finally, we opened the box (which I kept my eye on throughout dinner) and I breathed a sigh of relief to see that it was exactly the way I left it. It was beautiful and delicious and most importantly, my daughter was so pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment