Friday, September 10, 2010

Anniversary Cake




Last summer I made a cake for a bridal shower. It was a lemon cake with lemon butter cream topped with hand painted royal icing flowers. It was my 3rd cake order so I remember it well. A few weeks ago, I received a call from the bride. She was celebrating her 1st anniversary and wanted me to make her cake because she loved her bridal shower cake so much. I was extremely flattered!
This is a 3 layer, 6" chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream frosting. I get great pleasure making beautiful cakes and I put love into all of them. This one was special since I also made the shower cake. The flowers are made out of royal icing and painted with food coloring mixed with clear vanilla extract. I am so pleased with the way they looked and really, I just love this cake. I do hope the anniversary couple love it as much as I do.

2 comments: