Friday, March 4, 2011

The luck of the Irish

Once again, my favorite cookies dressed up for St. Patrick's Day. Hence the title.

As you may have noticed in my pictures, my icing has been discoloring. Patches of a lighter shade appear after the icing sets. Perplexing to say the least, ugly to say the most. I called my sister-in-law Joanne, whose recipe, I use and asked her about it's cause. She suggested that perhaps I am getting water in the icing. Ahh Haaa! That is a possibility because I started painting the icing on the cookie and my brush may not have been entirely dry before I used a new color. Also, I have taken to sprinkling a little water in the icing while trying to get the right consistency. And maybe when I pipe on,the icing the tips are not completely dry. I have to exercise diligence to make sure that no water gets in the mix. We'll see how it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment