Saturday, February 19, 2011

Just for Fun



Do you know how you save things, sometimes for years, just knowing you will need it some day? Well, I finally got to use one of those things. For my daughter's 13th birthday we did a tropical theme and bought little paper umbrellas to put in the drinks. All of them did not get used so I put them away knowing that someday I would need one. That was 8 years ago.
Fast forward to 2011. A friend of my husbands wanted a vanilla cake with pineapple filling. Pineapple made me think of the little umbrellas I had stashed away. This was also an opportunity for me to decorate a cake with something other than flowers.
This is the result. I think one umbrella is just enough. Great restraint was exercised not to use more because I wanted it to be about the pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment