Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not a Lemon


I can't tell you the hours (or the amount of confectioners sugar and lemons for the frosting) that went into making this cake! Custom made for a bridal shower, it is a 12x12 lemon layer cake with lemon butter cream frosting. The flowers are made of royal icing and have been hand painted to give them some life. They have a soft texture, making them perfect for eating! The week before, I made a sample cake which I brought to a friends house for tasting. The reviews were very positive. Much to my great happiness, the recipient of this cake called to let me know how much she and everyone else loved it. Thank you Lois, you made my day!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cake! Can only imagine the time it took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake is really beautiful mom... i love the colors of the flowers... i can't believe you hand paint them... looks like you put hours of work into it...
    =o)

    ReplyDelete