Thursday, August 6, 2009

Aarons Cake

As some of you know, I have sent many cakes into work with Donald and his co-workers have enjoyed them immensely! Recently, we received an invitation from Donald's boss (who was among those who enjoyed my sweet confections) to attend a party at his house, along with a request for a chocolate cake. Aaron, the boss, is a super lover of chocolate. Therefore, I decided to make a chocolate devils food cake with chocolate butter cream frosting, covered with chocolate ganache, with white chocolate ganache piping. When we arrived at the party, the cake was quickly stashed away for later consumption.(there were about 40 people at the party, it was a small cake and it was Aaron's birthday) I heard it was delicious! The design on top of the cake was inspired by the many, many ink doodles I can't stop doing. I have always wanted to try it out on a cake and this was the perfect opportunity. It took way longer than I planned, as most of my projects do. Once again, my husband was pacing as he waited for me to finish decorating the cake; the story of our life together.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so get deja-vu when you describe dad sitting there waiting for you to finish something... em is so like her father... always ever so patiently waiting for me after she been done getting ready for 15 minutes... hahaha...

    kate
    =o)

    the midnight baker

    ReplyDelete